Monday, May 31, 2010
Hi!! I am so glad you stopped in to check out my site. This site has been in the works since I was about 5. I have ALWAYS loved fabric and buttons and crafting. I still remember making swim suits for my stuffed animals and I thrill when my daughter asked me to teach her how to sew a yo-yo.
There is something so exciting about taking a pile of fabric and turning it into something useful and beautiful.
Let me introduce myself a bit. My name is Anna. I have 4 young, wonderful, aggravating, miraculous children. I also have a great husband who loves that I want to be a stay-at-home mom even though it puts more pressure on him. I graduated from college with a degree in Family/Human Development and haven't worked a day in that field.... ever. I have loved crafting forever and I'm continually finding "projects." I re-finish furniture, sew curtains, make quilts, sew aprons, pillows, and about anything you can think of. I believe in the art of quilting and I am especially glad to see the next generation showing interest in this dying art. I am really into the "latest and greatest" in this industry, so I'll definitely keep to that market a bit more.
OK... so what is Yards and Yards all about? Well, let me tell you.
1. New Fabric lines. I will dig around and see what I can find by way of new releases and new companies.
2. Free Patterns. I am a big believer in free, so I will share my very favorite sources for free patterns that I have tried and loved.
3. My projects. I'm sure you'll all be ecstatic to bee my before and after pictures of some chairs I refinished.
4. Your projects. I'm always on the hunt for new ideas and inspiration. Let's share these ideas and come up will a great collection of creative overflow.
5. No-sew projects. Some of my favorite fabric projects have used hot glue or tacks. I'll share these because I don't think that only sewers are in love with fabric.
6. Scrap Projects. I know we are all looking for ways to use those scraps. After all, if I pay $9 for a yard of fabric, I really feel good when I use every last bit.
7. Sales. If I run across some great deals, I'll pass them along to you.
8. Give aways. Hopefully, we'll get lots of those.