Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fabric Trends: Ikat

I look at fabric.  A lot.  And I've seen a trend in a few up and coming fabric lines.  Ikat.

Just for curiosity's sake, I looked ikat up in Webster's.  Ikat is "a fabric in which the yarns have been tie-dyed before weaving."  So there you go.  Here are a few I've seen lately:

Annette Tatum's Boho Line


Amy Butler's Lark Line

There is another nice one from Dear Stella, but I can't find any pictures!  I've seen it popping up everywhere...

Pillows....

via House Full of Pretty

Curtains...

via Monica Wants It

And chairs...

via Second Story View

I'm telling you-- ikat is all over the place.  So, here's the question... Do you like ikat prints?  And are they classic or just another come and go trend?  What do you think?

1 comment:

Peter Milton said...

ikat fabric is really great option for decoration either it is wall decoration or furniture decoration. It goes very well with everything.