Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Eeeny...Meeeny... Minnnny.... Moda...

It's funny how I can get frozen over small decisions. I want to make 6 coordinating stocking for my family for Christmas. We've had mismatched one's for a long time, and we don't really NEED new ones, but I thought it would be a nice memory regardless.

So, her I am... stuck! I've looked online, I've gone to out local CUTE quilt store. And I'm stuck. I want these to be prefect. They can't be too girly, or too traditional, or too ... whatever. And they should match my current holiday decor, but I've wanted to change that anyway.... but is that really worth it?

So I'm stuck! It's silly really, but I'm sure you've been there. Buying fabric is pricey and I want to get it right.

Here are a few general ideas I've had, but I'm not sold on any of them. What would you do?

Option A: Moda Fruitcake


Option B: Riley Blake


Option 3: Mix N Match


I really just need to jump in.

5 comments:

Mommy of Three said...

I LOVE number 2. Those colors are so cheery and fun!

Texana said...

Don't buy anything you are not "in LOVE" with because making stockings is work, you will have them forever, and you have to pick colors you can coordinate to the rest of your holiday decorations....will lime and magenta be hot in a few years? will dusty blue even be matchable? will mod/urban trees stand the test of time? Look at your ornaments and choose fabric based on that.

Anna said...

You are so right Taxana! It's fun to go out and get the latest, but seriously... all of my Christmas decor is more traditional.

So many great options out there....

Dana said...

Anna, I love option #2 but I am sure it doesn't really matter what fabric you use because everything you touch is amazing!!

Leigh the sewing diva said...

the riley blake for me