Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Custom Creation: Heirloom Bunting

My friend, Kathy, asked me to make some bunting and matching pillow shams for a bedroom for her twins.  I was thrilled to work on this because how fun are twins?!  I have a brother and sister that are twins and I always wished I could have twins.  When I told my mother this wish, she said, "Anyone who wants twins deserves to have them."

But, I digress.  Back to the custom order for Kathy.

Here are the final pictures.  I made a 24' bunting from Joel Dewberry's Heirloom line and I used my Simple Bunting Pattern.  The pillow shams are for 12x16 pillow forms are they turned out so sweet!  The girly one has a giant ruffle up the middle and a huge flower that is removeable.  Super cute.  The boy's has a sweet vintage button and some ribbon.  I wanted to keep it simple so it can grow with him a little longer.  Enjoy!


I hope Kathy will love these!!

1 comment:

KellyS said...

Ha ha ha!! I love the "I wish I could have twins" comments. My 2yos are a HANDFUL! And adding one more to the mix, I must be mental.

Your bunting is beautiful. That fabric is so yummy. No more fabric for me... must stay strong.