I removed the mirror and then wrapped each side with fabric. I used my favorite decoupage to stick that fabric on and it's not going anywhere. Ever.
This is my best shot of the full mirror. It is tough to photograph mirrors. I certainly didn't want to get me in there... 6:30 in the morning, PJ's, no mascara... eek. But instead, you get to see my cat dish. Not much better.
This one turned out blurry. But I had to show you because the image in the mirror looks better. That part came in nice and clear. Nice.
I added a fun flower at the top. The middle is a button I cover in batting, then fabric.
A close-up of the flower, because flowers take good pictures. So photogenic!
I wanted you to see how I mitered the corners. It took a little work, but I got them just so.
Enjoy! I hope you have a nasty mirror you can recreate with fabric!
PS. Linking to a few parties...