Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

About 2 weeks ago, my two oldest children out on a Patriotic Program with thier school.  It was amazing.  I think it's a little harder for kids these days to learn a sense of Patriotism and what it is to be free.  We have had our freedom for generations and it is now reduced to an entitlement... to "the way it is."  I will even admit that I have some of that in me as well.  I try to study history so that I can remember.

But at that little Patriotic Program those children sang and spoke of freedom.  To me, the most touching part was when they sang the songs of each branch of the military.  To see the vets stand up brought tears to my eyes.  These were men and women who were willing to risk thier lives so that we can enjoy so many opportunities.  THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!  Thank you for a land where I can get an education.  Thank you for a land where I am free to worship how I choose.  Thank you for a land where my children are surrounded by opportunities to learn and grow. 

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments: