Thursday, June 3, 2010

What If... Dreaming about this table...

What if I had more time on my hands? Ha! That's a good one. I have always loved the idea of taking old, beat up furniture and making it special again.

Today I am dreaming about taking this $95 dining disaster...


.... and turning into a treasure!

Imagine... painting the table and chairs a crisp white, or maybe a fun blue or brown. You won't have to fret too much about ruining it because pretty much anything would be an improvement.

Next, whip out the super nail gun you got for Christmas and add new fabric for the chairs.

How about one of these...






All fabrics found at Micheal Miller Fabrics

That dining set would be a conversation piece for sure. Do you see it?

And I could save the world, one dilapidated piece of furniture at a time. Oh the things I could do with that spare time....

2 comments:

Holly @ BeachCoveJewelry said...

I wish there was nice furniture like this in my classifieds, none of the stuff near me is real wood :(

Anna said...

Out here, Craig's list isn't very good, because we have a super good local one run by one of the news stations. I love it. But because it's so good, our thrift stores don't get a lot of good stuff at all. It sure takes hunting, though.